Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Historica Coffee & Pastry

What happened in town lately is there are so many brunch cafes that pops up. Its a good thing I say, its a good thing. I'll do another recap for the other cafes but this one will go for Historica Coffee & Pastry.
Located in the heart of the city, Jl. Sumatra 40, Surabaya this one is somehow catch my intention by its industrial concept.


As one of their sibling complex, Historica open daily from 7 am - 11 pm. Last order for the brunch set is at 3 pm, later than that you can enjoy their pastries. But yes, they serve coffee all the time. My first experience there was a pleasant one for me. The valet service is good and not pricey (10k), means they know people need that service because i am not sure if 5-8 parking lot in front of the cafe would squeeze up the number of the customers. Once you're in you're going to queue to place your order. Yep, you pay first then you'll get it delivered to your table. 


I am loving the ambience, even the place isn't so big and the outdoor space is very hot during day time, but the price placing is just right for me.
This is what I order and i recommend to you to order as well once you decided to go there.


Egg Benedict (45k)
this one probably my favorite egg ben all over the town. The sauce is good, the egg is good, its all worth the price. You know some restaurant often wants you to pay too much for something which is very nice to have it daily like this.
Croque Monsieur (45k)
Its very simple yet delish one. You might think that "is that it?" but the portion is actually huge! a generous cheese inside you won't even ask for more.


Ice Mocha (or you can have it just Mocha) - (36k)
I don't know about the other coffee taste, but i like this better than Starbucks. And that statement i guess already explain you something. Its not that kind of very good coffee, but yes its good! I guess the barista still adjust how Surabayans like to have their coffee, not that strong in taste, but strong enough for me.

Either than that i didn't pay really much attention for the pastries, its a bit overpriced for me to have a tiny bit of dessert for around 30-45k in town. It would be different if they place that price for something that's new or something that people crave for.

Rate: 4/5
I'll come back again? Definitely.


By:
Joyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment